Pages

03 October, 2013

Nolan: 1month

<p>I'm going to attempt to get through this post without crying. I'm having a hard time accepting that my sweet newborn is already a month old! I've enjoyed every minute of the last month, but feel like it's just flying by way too fast. I feel like we were just in the hospital waiting for him to arrive. </p>
<p>Just in the last few days I've noticed how much more grown up he looks. He's changed a lot already. (ok, so I'm probably the only one who would notice.)</p>
<p>Nolan has already gotten really good at holding his own head up. He's smiling all the time and is starting to be awake more often and for longer stretches. </p>
<p>He eats between 3.5 and 4oz every three hours, and never misses a meal! This is a big change from battling to get him to wake up enough eat 1oz while we were in the hospital. He got himself onto a really good schedule and I'm really lucky that he is so easy going. We can take him everywhere with us.</p>
<p>He naps in about 2.5 hour stretches every time he eats. At night he goes from 9pm to 3am then every three hours after that. He's been that way since we brought him home from the hospital. To say we're lucky is an understatement! I'm afraid he's going to pay us back for this later.</p>
<p>We're in a really good routine and I love spending our days together. I've started realizing how hard it will be to go back to work in a few weeks even though it is only part time. </p>
<p>This month he had his first bath at 2 weeks, first doctor's appointment at 2 weeks(85% height and 25% weight- long and skinny like his Daddy!), first real smile at 3 weeks, he had his first trip to church last Sunday(3 weeks), he watches lots of football with daddy, and has started venturing out to eat and to visits with family. He loves to snuggle and loves visiting with all of his family!</u></p>

I can't believe this first month has already flown by! I'm enjoying every minute and can't wait to see how he continues to grow and develop his own little personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment