Pages

28 October, 2013

The jinx

So I jinxed myself. I bragged about what a good sleeper my baby was and how he had gotten himself into a good schedule.

Yeah.

About that. Poor Nolan got that 6 week growth spurt everyone warns you about. Then a few days later we both got a touch of a cold with a lot of congestion. Suddenly my baby that loved to sleep fought it with every cell of his being. We would have one good day and I would think we were back to normal and then it would be followed by 3 bad days. We were both running on E.

Finally yesterday Stephen got up with him and let me get an extra hour of sleep in the morning. Then we went over to my parents' and they insisted we should nap. We gave in and I got a 2 hour nap and Stephen slept for 3 while my Mom somehow got Nolan to take a 2 hour nap.

He did a little better last night and has taken several good naps today. I think we're finally both feeling better, but I don't want to jinx us again. So it may only be 4 in the afternoon and I've poured myself a glass of wine while he naps. Don't judge me.

I may be exhausted. And there may have been moments that I wanted to cry because he wouldn't stop crying but then he would give me one of his little grins and I just melt. I wouldn't trade this sweet baby, his Daddy, and our life for the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment