Pages

27 February, 2011

Ahhh salt air..

It's that time of year again! For most of us here on the Gulf Coast we've been stricken with an incurable case of Spring Fever. The only remedy.. excessive amounts of Vitamin D! Otherwise known as lazy days on the beach! It's this time of year that reminds me why I put up with some of the other silly things that come with living in Pensacola. The weather is perfect. It's warm, the sun is out in full force, but we still have that great breeze coming off the Gulf of Mexico to keep us cool. We can spend from 10am to 5pm on the beach and barely break a sweat. Trust me, most of Pensacola does! The first few warm weekend days pack out the beach.. by 1:00 traffic is backed up over both bridges.. but with my flip flopped feet hanging out the rolled down windows of the passenger side with the salt air blowing and the music blaring, I don't even mind the wait! The sun, sand and fun that awaits is definitley worth the wait! Welcome to Pensacola Beach!

We got our first beach day last Sunday and it was worth the wait of the cold months! You know the weather is nice when Stephen, who unfortunatley burns everytime he is in the sun and usually hates the beach, says he wishes I were off today so we could go to the beach! Thank goodness for days off! Next Friday you'll find us at the beach all day again :) At first I was disappointed that we don't get to PCS right away since Stephen enlisted Reservist, but now i'm glad that we'll be here for at least a little longer! It definitley has it's faults but I sure do love my hometown!

No comments:

Post a Comment