Pages

11 July, 2011

And the award goes to....

ME! For being the WORST blogger EVER! I know, I know. I've gotten terrible and I sincerely apologize and hope you don't stop following me just because I'm old and boring! But the truth is, I AM old and boring. I work, I come home run, cook dinner, and then hang out with my husband and dog. Occasionally we meet the family for margaritas. WOO! Wild night for us!

What have I been up to since I'm not blogging? Internet shopping. I have become an addict. I'm working on getting our house all put together which is proving more difficult then I had anticipated. My sweet mama spent all afternoon last Friday trying to help me make some decisions and do some long overdue spending of wedding gift cards. We found some awesome stuff! Check it out:


Sounds silly, but this is *currently* my favorite thing in the house! It's the bath rug in our bathroom. Got it at Target, check it out here. I'm sort of obsessed.

When we moved in our room had one hunter green wall and three off white walls. I was at a loss of what to do in their since our comforter had been red. Thanks to my brilliant mother, we went with chocolate brown sheets, and a tan microsuede comforter. Gorgeous and super comfy! To tie it all together we got these awesome throw pillows! (There are two more, but I can't find them online for you)
  
Give me a couple more weeks to get pictures hung and everything situated and I'll post actual pictures of all the rooms, promise! The crazy thing is that I used to HATE throw pillows, but now i'm obsessed! My new project is finding a comforter set for the guest room. I'm thinking black and white damask, but still searching! (Open to suggestions on favorite houseware websites!)

Besides work and decorating I've just been hanging out enjoying being a newlywed. I'm in the process of getting back into running. It's a slow process, but my body is getting used to it again and my clothes are thanking me for working out so they fit better again! Trying to avoid that newlywed 15!

Natty cracks me up. He has been very needy lately! I hate to see him in a few years when we decide to have babies, he will be the most jealous thing you've ever seen! He's loving his big back yard, but he doesn't like to be out there alone for long, he wants attention constantly!


This is him pouting one morning when I was getting ready for work. He's a late sleeper and doesn't like when we get up and leave him to go to work!

This last weekend was Stephen's weekend to work. Those weekends suck because he's so tired we literally do nothing. Luckily it was my weekend to work too, so we were both content to just chill. I'm already looking forward to this coming up weekend because I have Sunday off and the Hubs is off too! Sunday Fun day? I'm thinking, YES!

Have I mentioned lately that I have the most incredible husband?? He brought flowers home the other night "Just because" he said I needed them after a long day. What a sweetheart! :)

Lately, I've had a terrible case of wanderlust. I'm having the uncontrollable urge to take a weekend road trip to do some exploring, but our savings account is appreciating it's growth, so I'm trying to control that urge.

I will TRY my best to be better about blogging! I'm off the next two days so hopefully I'll have something blog worthy to report! Tomorrow I think I'm going to the base pool with one of my best friends and her sweet baby girl, so I'll try to have some pictures to share!

Smile everyone! Monday is pretty much over! Happy Monday y'all!

2 comments:

  1. You dog is too cute! but I must agree he will be a jealous boy when you get even busier with kiddos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird. Mike and I are also spending all our wedding gift cards and one of MY favorite things is our bath rug, from Target! It's a different one (light gray with an aqua pattern) but still.

    ReplyDelete