Pages

07 February, 2012

Our little love story


Since I've been M.I.A. so much lately, I couldn't resist this fun little post to share. I absolutely LOOOOOVE the blog, From Mrs. to Mama. Becky cracks me up! You should follow the link and check out her blog. While you're there, grab the questions and link up for this fun Valentine's themed link up! The extra fun thing is that there are a different set of questions for taken and single ladies so everyone can play!
Taken Ladies

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We hit the 4 year mark back in November... crazy how fast time flies!
2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
Alright, alright... I'll tell you our very UNromantic true meeting story. I was 18 and Stephen had just turned 21. Back then MySpace was still the thing. One day I got a message from him. He looked familiar and we shared a couple mutual friends, but I couldn't place him. I usually don't respond to messages from people I don't know, but this time I did. After exchanging messages back and forth, he invited me and a friend to his house to watch the FSU/Boston College game. It was fun, my Noles won, but Stephen was painfully shy in person. I remember leaving that night with my friend, Stevie to go to another party and telling her that it had been a bust and maybe we would meet someone interesting at the next party. He ended up texting me the next day and convincing me to give him another shot, I did and our second meeting/"first date" went much better. The rest was history and now we've been married almost 9 months!

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We are happily married newlyweds. We've been married almost 9 months now.. I feel like our first anniversary will be here before we know it!

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding? 
We got married at this great restaurant on Pensacola Beach where we also held our reception. I would say it was in between big/small and it could not have been more perfect! To read more about our big day, check out these posts: The Big Day: Round 1
                         Wedding Day: Part 2

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Boy do we! We really ever say our real names. Usually it's honey, baby, hubs, wife, boo... but sometimes we make up other silly ones as we go.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Well besides everything, his sense of humor is probably what attracted me to him first. He keeps me in stitches from laughing so much. Despite his typical tough guy appearance, he has the biggest heart. He care about everyone. He's a complete romantic. He probably won't appreciate me sharing this little tid bit, but he's so sweet! He does cute things from leaving me notes on the bathroom mirror, bringing me a card for no reason, bringing home flowers for no occasion, but just because.
7. Tell us how he proposed?
He set up a scavenger hunt to get me to the beach where he propsed to me in front of some of our close friends. The best part was it happened on a random Thursday night after I got off work, so I had NO idea it was coming! You can read about the whole story here: Our proposal story

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Hmm.. that's tough. He usually does flowers and makes me dinner.. so both? We try not to make a big deal out of Valentine's Day.
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
Both. I love going to the beach if we're going to go out, but I'm a complete homebody and can say I honestly enjoy hanging out at home with my husband.
10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Where do I start?! There are tons of things we want to do. Travel is the biggest one. We love to try new things, so there are tons of places I want to go and experience together with my husband.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
Probably make dinner at home and watch movies or something. Like I said, we don't really make a huge deal out of it.
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nope. Maybe a back rub ;)
13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Be silly. Laughing has gotten us through a lot. Making light of situations, joking, and laughing together reminds us why we fell in love in the first place.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Our marriage is love to me

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Love that last picture of you two -- your happiness and love definitely shows!

    ReplyDelete