Pages

28 June, 2011

Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday

Day 2 of a very long week, so far not so bad. (But I'm knocking on some wood!) This is our busiest week of the year at work. 4th of July and the Blue Angels homecoming beach show falls in the same week this year which is just crazy! We have 0 vacancy, and mind you we manage over 140 properties on the beach! It's going to be nuts. I work Monday-Saturday this week, but then I'm off Sunday, Monday, and half a day Tuesday. I'm pretty excited about 4th of July! We don't have plans yet but it's one of my favorite holidays! Last year it was depressing because it was the first weekend Stephen was gone to bootcamp, so I'm excited to be able to hang out this year!

This past weekend, we were both off Sunday so we went to Hurlburt and went to the pool with some friends then went to Destin and did some shopping and had dinner. It was a great little date night and we both had a blast! I'm thinking of trying to talk Stephen into going over there for the 4th, but I don't know with all the tourist traffic!

We've made some progress in the house and it's starting to come together. I'm still shopping around for some various furniture to fill up all this space we have now so it's hard to get it all put away until then. I ordered an entertainment center from Target for the living room that should be here this week that I'm excited about. Tonight I need to order a pull out futon for Stephen's "man cave" from walmart.com. Hopefully they'll both be here at the end of the week. I'm excited for them to get here so we can get stuff situated!

This Saturday we're having people over to the new house for the first time. At first I was dreading it because I have a busy day at work that day, and was afraid the house wouldn't be "ready" for company. But Stephen finished his beer pong table, and we've decided to make a big slip n slide out back and just hang out. I think it will be just what I need after a long day of work!

I'm sure you've noticed, (if you have ever visited my blog before!) that I finally got around to changing the layout. Let me know what you think! I'm not very good at this design thing. I don't have the software. I want to buy some later on and learn to do it myself, but in the meantime, this is what we have! I may attempt a new button here eventually... but we'll see how ambitious I get. I'm finally content with it for now though :)

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't work too hard! Happy Tuesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment