Pages

28 September, 2011

First day..

Thanks again to Ashley at Be Bright and Jovial for the award! That was such a sweet surprise today! :)

I don't know about where you are, but here it has been raining ALL day. The dreary, nasty, makes-you-want-to-stay-in-bed-all-day, kind of rain! If I didn't have to work today I would have stayed in bed all day, but since I did work today I have a feeling an early bed time may be in my near future!

It's already been a long week and it's only Wednesday! Sunday night I went to the Jason Aldean concert at the wharf with one of my best friends, Whitney. I posted a little about the concert before. My sweet sweet husband bought us tickets as a surprise back in July, but the original show got rained out. (BOO!) So it was rescheduled for Sunday. It was an AMAZING concert! Aldean puts on one heck of a show, for any of you country girls like me out there, if you ever get the chance to see him live, GO! He's well worth every penny. It was a late show though, the opening acts didn't start til 8, and Jason didn't end up going on until a little before 10. The concert ended around 11:30 and we still had an hour drive home and traffic to deal with, so it was about 1 a.m. before I crawled into bed(this is late for me now, sad I know!)

Me and Whitney at the concert


Jason Aldean!(we were pretty close)

Monday I caught up on some errands and housework and got in a good but long overdue work out at the gym.

Tuesday was the big day! I subbed for the first time! My Mother-in-law has been subbing at the high school for several years now so she's pretty well known by all the teachers and gets called on a regular basis. Now that she's also a flight attendant she can't work as many of the sub jobs as she used to. This is convenient for me because I can take a lot of the jobs that she can't instead of waiting to find an open job online. Monday she called me and asked if I would be interested in taking a 9th grade class for Tuesday. Boy was I! Initially I was really going to concentrate on subbing for elementary schools, but I was open to anything to get started.

I was a little nervous. I didn't go to this high school so I wasn't real familiar with the school lay out or the policies of the school and teachers. I was also nervous about subbing for freshmen all day, because let's face it. They're not always the most well behaved! I didn't know how well they would listen to me, since I'm not all that much older than them.(Except I realized that I'm actually 8 or 9 years older than them.. YIKES! Didn't realize how old I'm getting!) But to my pleasant surprise, they were all really good and very respectful. I didn't have any problems! I can't wait to sub again, and I'm still looking forward to working with different ages so I can see what I like best.

I was also a little afraid that I would just blend in with the students and teachers would stop me for a hall pass. But only one administrator at the very end of the day stopped to ask how my day went, and told me that I blended in with the students and it took him a minute to realize I was a sub.
My "teacher" outfit

I don't think I mentioned it before, but this is the high school that my husband went to. He graduated in 2005. #oldman
At the end of the day when I was signing out and turning my stuff in to the office, I found this little beauty on the wall of the main hall way:


Oh yes, you guessed it! That's the Hub's senior picture! Gotta love living in a small town! ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful rest of the week! Happy Wednesday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment