Pages

08 March, 2011

Top 2 Tuesdays


I found this link up on a couple other blogs I love to read, and the more I thought about it, the more I had to write this one! Today on this wonderful blog we were supposed to link up with the top 2 things we had learned about relationships. Oh boy... as most of you probably could, I feel as if I could write a book on what i've learned in just a few short years! But i'll go with the top 2.

1) Patience- Not just in romantic relationships, but in all relationships patience is key. It's hard as human beings we always want things our way and instantly. Being with Stephen has taught me an immense about of patience. When I come home and his clothes are everywhere and his dirty dishes are scattered around the apartment, I just take a deep breath and remember I'd rather my apartment be messy and have him home, then to have it perfectly neat and him on the other side of the country from me! That patience makes it all worthwhile when I come home from a crazy work day like today and find that he's cleaned the apartment!

2) Be with the one you can't live without- It's easy to settle. It's easy to get comfortable in a relationship and think that yeah, you can live the rest of your life with this person. But what's most important is at the end of the day knowing you COULDN'T live your life withOUT this person! That's when you know you've found your keeper, your other half, and your best friend!

Just 2 of the many things i've learned so far on this crazy road we're on! :)

1 comment: